Tuesday 24 January 2012

Mince & veg pie

I think pies are the ultimate winter food and the other day I made really tasty mince & veg one. I have to admit that I cheated and bought the puff pastry but even so it tasted great and went down really well with the kids. For extra veg, I served it up with broccoli.

Mince & veg pie

1 x puff pastry, rolled
1 x pack of lamb mince
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 cup stock made with Bouillon
2 carrots, cubed
handful peas
black pepper

I sauteed the onion & garlic for a few minutes and then added the mince & carrots. Once the mince had cooked I added the tomato puree, stock & peas and let it simmer for a while adding a bit of black pepper.

I then turned into an oven proof dish and laid the puff pastry on top. With the bit of pastry I had left over I made the kids initials and a couple of leaves - that's very artistic for me!

I brushed a bit of milk over the top & put it in the oven for around 20-25 mins.

Hey presto, a delicious pie for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment